Som den långa rubriken lyder kommer här en samling av höjdpunkter från Apples kvartalsrapport och den konferens som efterföljde. Detta gäller det tredje kvartalet, som avslutades 28 juni, i det fiskala året.
Tim Cook sammanfattade ett par saker och bland de mer nämnvärda har översatts till svenska och listas nedan. Resten av höjdpunkterna kommer direkt från källan.
● Över 20 miljoner tittade på senaste av Apples event WWDC
● 29 av de stora biltillverkarna integrerar CarPlay i sina bilar.
● Samarbete med IBM för företagslösningar. Stor uppgång för Apple i denna punkt.
● Rekordintäkter under kvartalet där också 35,2 miljoner iPhones såldes vilket i sig är ett rekord i Q3.
● iPad Air-ägare registrerade att de är 98 % nöjda med sin iEnhet. Siffran för iPad mini Retina är 100 %.
● iPad står för 80 % av alla köp via surfplatta.
● Exalterade över Beats-förvärv. Kommer vara perfekt för alla musik-älskare.
● Fantastiska planer av produkter samt tjänster som Apple längtar att få släppa.
● New June quarter record for revenue
● Result was towards high end of guidance despite reduction in inventory
● Gross margin 39.4%
● Operating margin 27.5% of revenue
● Diluted E per S $1.28
● 35.2 million iPhones sold. 13% growth
● iPhone sales grew well across all categories despite new product rumors that likely resulted in purchase delays
● 13.2 million iPhone units sold compared to 14.6 million last year
● iPad channel inventory reduced by 500,000
● So far 13 million iPads have been sold to education globally
● 4.4 million Macs compared to 3.8 million last year, new June quarter record
● Strong growth of MacBook Air
● Macs have gained global market share for 32 out of 33 quarters
● Total revenue from iTunes Software and Services was 4.5 billion
● iTunes revenue $2.6 billion
● Software and Services revenue was $1.9 billion
● Over 75 billion app downloads
● Developers have earned over $20 billion, nearly half in the last year
● Ended quarter with $164.5 billion in cash + marketable securities
● Dividend of 47 cents per common share
● Outlook for the next quarter: Between $37 and $40 billion in revenue
How are you thinking about tablet market, competition landscape?
● We’ve now sold 225 million iPads.
● We still feel the category at a whole is in its early days and that there is significant innovation that there can be brought to the iPad.
● I get really excited when I see that more than 50% of the iPads were are selling are going to someone who is a first time tablet buyer.
● We’re in 99% of Fortune 500 companies. Market share in in U.S. is 76% but penetration in business is 20%. We think there is a substantial upside in business. This was part of the thinking behind the partnership with IBM announced last week.
Overall Demand in China:
● We came in at 26% revenue growth including our retail.
● iPhone 48% up.
● iPad up.
● Mac was up 39% versus contracting market in China.
● We’re seeing substantial strength there.
● iTunes Software & Services category is almost doubling year over year.
You mentioned that Japan was flat due to regulation and taxes?
● VAT was increased from 5% to 8% at close to the beginning of the quarter. That was the first planned VAT increase. There are other or at least one more VAT increase in the future.
● Secondly, the carriers received some guidance from the regulators to essentially stop incentivizing people to transfer from another carrier at a higher amount than used to retain their own customers.
● These dampened the smartphone market in Japan.
● Usually a rush to buy before the tax increase, a pause after, then a return
What are you seeing in Apple that is changing? Do you see a lot more partnership and acquisitions on the horizon?
● I think we have a lot of really great people and I think that we have the capability to acquire a sizable company and manage it.
● I think you can only do so many partnerships well. I think in this case the companies are so complementary. Both feel that mobile and enterprise is an enormous opportunity. We are not competing with each other so I think a partnership in that case is really great.
● We don’t let our money burn a hole in our pocket.
● With Beats great music service, very rare set of talent, access to very fast growing business in their headphone and earphone space. Culturally we felt there was a match.
● If more like that presented themselves, I think we can manage more things.